I will tell you, I was a major skeptic of weather modification and geo-engineering until I started to find the flights and companies performing the tasks. In this blog, we will go over the “who and the where” of weather modification.
Weather modification, the act of intentionally manipulating or altering the weather, has been a topic of fascination, skepticism, and controversy for decades. While the idea of controlling the weather may seem like something out of a science fiction novel, it is, in fact, a scientific endeavor (so they say) that has been researched and practiced to varying degrees of success. This blog will delve into the “science” behind weather modification, the programs and companies involved, and the role of government in its development and self-regulation.
Weather modification is based on the principle that certain atmospheric conditions can be manipulated to influence weather patterns. The most common methods of weather modification include cloud seeding, ionization, and the use of lasers.
• Cloud Seeding: This is the most widely practiced method of weather modification. It involves the dispersion of substances into the air that serve as cloud condensation or ice nuclei, which alter the microphysical processes within the cloud. The most common substances used for cloud seeding are silver iodide and potassium iodide.
• Ionization: This method involves the release of charged particles into the atmosphere to influence cloud formation and precipitation. Ionization technology uses ground-based ion generators to release negatively charged ions into the air, which then attract positively charged particles in the atmosphere, leading to cloud formation and precipitation.
• Lasers: The use of lasers in weather modification is still in the experimental stage. The idea is to use high-powered lasers to induce condensation or ice formation in the atmosphere, thereby influencing cloud formation and precipitation.
Programs, Companies, and Government Involvement
Numerous programs and companies around the world are involved in weather modification research and operations. Some of the most notable ones include:
• The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR): NCAR is a US-based research organization that conducts research on various aspects of atmospheric science, including weather modification. NCAR has been involved in several cloud seeding experiments and has developed advanced cloud seeding technologies.
• Weather Modification, Inc.: This is a US-based company that provides weather modification services to clients around the world. The company specializes in cloud seeding operations for precipitation enhancement and hail suppression.
• The Chinese Government: China has one of the most extensive weather modification programs in the world. The Chinese government has invested heavily in cloud seeding operations to enhance precipitation and combat drought in various regions of the country.
Government involvement in weather modification varies from country to country. In the United States, weather modification operations are regulated at the state level, with each state having its own set of regulations and permitting requirements. In China, weather modification is coordinated and regulated by the central government.
Several countries around the world have been involved in weather modification activities, either for research or operational purposes. Some of the countries that have been actively involved in weather modification include:
• United States: Various states in the US have been involved in weather modification programs, primarily for precipitation enhancement and hail suppression.
• China: China has one of the most extensive weather modification programs in the world, with operations conducted across various regions of the country for precipitation enhancement and drought mitigation.
• Russia: Russia has been involved in weather modification activities for several decades, primarily for precipitation enhancement and hail suppression.
• India: India has conducted weather modification experiments and operations, primarily for precipitation enhancement.
• Israel: Israel has been involved in cloud seeding operations for precipitation enhancement.
• United Arab Emirates: The UAE has invested in weather modification research and has conducted cloud seeding operations for precipitation enhancement.
• Australia: Australia has conducted weather modification experiments and operations, primarily for precipitation enhancement and hail suppression.
It is important to note that the involvement of countries in weather modification activities can vary over time, and there may be other countries that have been involved in weather modification activities that are not listed here. Additionally, the level of involvement and the scale of operations can vary significantly from one country to another.
There are several companies around the world that provide cloud seeding services. Some of the most notable ones include:
• Weather Modification, Inc. (WMI): A US-based company that provides a wide range of weather modification services, including cloud seeding for precipitation enhancement and hail suppression.
• North American Weather Consultants (NAWC): One of the oldest private weather modification companies, NAWC provides cloud seeding services for precipitation enhancement and hail suppression.
• Western Weather Consultants, LLC: A US-based company that provides cloud seeding services for precipitation enhancement and snowpack augmentation.
• Idaho Power: A utility company that operates a cloud seeding program to enhance snowpack in the mountains of Idaho.
• Snowy Hydro: An Australian company that operates a cloud seeding program for snowpack augmentation in the Snowy Mountains region of Australia.
• Hydro Tasmania: An Australian company that has been involved in cloud seeding operations for precipitation enhancement.
• Thai Royal Rainmaking Department: A government agency in Thailand that conducts cloud seeding operations for precipitation enhancement.
• China Meteorological Administration: The national meteorological agency of China, which coordinates and oversees cloud seeding operations across the country.
• Mettech SpA: An Italian company that has been involved in weather modification and cloud seeding activities.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there may be other companies that provide cloud seeding services that are not listed here. Additionally, the availability of cloud seeding services may vary from one region to another, and some companies may only provide services in specific geographic areas.
Many of the countries performing weather modification have been working to weaponize the platform. For example, the United States used a system known as HAARP that utilizes a series of array antennas that work with satellites around the world to change the weather. Little is known about the Chinese and their programs but it is suspected they too are using weather warfare programs. As we continue to gather data and watch the weather, it is becoming more and more apparent that the weather is being manipulated on a regular basis (maybe this is why the weather forecasters can’t seem to get it right?)
Bottom line, weather modification is a lucrative business as well as a powerful weapon that is being deployed around the world and as we become more aware of its use, we are seeing it for what it really is, and that is its use against mankind. One thing for certain, it isn’t going anywhere.